Three Conversations: Diversity and Inclusion – It’s Personal, Organizational and Communal
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Monday, April 9, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., The Weinberg Park Heights JCC, Community Room
Leadership for Diversity: Including all Voices
Understanding the role identity plays in leadership in your organization
(CEU’s for Social Workers)
- Learn how to welcome similarities and differences in an organization.
- Learn to appreciate the many different aspects of diversity in an organization, including race, gender, class background, religion, sexual orientation, age
- Identify the many strengths and struggles we each bring to our leadership based on the different identity groups to which we belong
- Practice skills for responding effectively in a workplace to oppressive jokes, comments, and slurs
- Learn a set of practical activities to use in meetings, in order to include everyone’s voice
Monday, April 30, 9:00 – 11:30 a.m., The Weinberg Park Heights JCC, Board Room
Change for the Communal Good
How to Make Small Shifts That Add Up to Audacious Hospitality
Organizations and congregations can make simple, practical shifts that can have a large impact on current and potential members. Using principles taken from Jewish text as well as best principles from the fields of diversity, inclusion and equity, we will look at resources in the Audacious Hospitality Toolkit that can inform and support these efforts. Additionally, we will frame our discussion in a deeper understanding of how to move from an inclusion to an empowerment mindset.